I am hungry... on more than one level.
I am hungry for food, all the time. It's like I need to constantly be eating or my body starts crying out for nutrients. Not big meals, or junk food, but little, healthy meals, the ones that aren't instant :). I need one little healthy meal after another in order to get all the nutrients my baby and my body seem to crave. But I can only afford so much fruit and vegetables and I'm exhausted already let alone after making and eating little healthy meals all day long. I'm so tired of eating and yet feel starving at the same time! It's like my full-time job to eat!
Grrrr... That is the current frustration of my life :)
But I am also hungry for the Lord. It's been a busy summer and I got away from my long seasons of prayer. Our lives have been so radically altered with changes on every side, I have needed those times of quiet rest in the Lord, but have had to adjust to making it work in an almost new life.
So, that leads me to another topic... routine. I love routine. I am so looking forward to this Fall when I will be able to spend the last season of my life before little people begin taking over :) in quiet rest before the Lord, filling myself with His presence, His Life. Whether or not I am a pastor's wife, and whether or not I am a Mom, I am still a called woman of God who has learned to face her fears. Lynne Hybels calls this a dangerous woman because she has the strength, courage, and anointing to change the world. But I am not about striving to make a difference. I am not about proving myself to be a strong and courageous woman. I am about hungering and thirsting after righteousness. I am about being filled with all the fullness of Christ. And out of that place, the place of rest and fullness, I believe God can do wondrous works.
I am hungry. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:something)
Father, thank you for renewing my focus after a season of upheaval. Thank you, Lord, for being the only, yet ever available, Way to the Father - to rest in His amazing grace and unchanging love. Still the longings in my soul. Fill the hunger in my soul for more of you... more wisdom, more revelation, and more Presence.
And after all of that, please help me to find fulfillment in our food that you have provided :)
2 comments:
Hi Nathasha-
I was thinking about you yesterday, I miss you and Lynn.
Have you thought about making a big salad in the morning (with all the fun stuff in it) and munching on it all day? That way you can eat without all lot of effort every 30 minutes. You can supliment off that.
Not bad, Lindy. I have been a little turned off to salad since the nausea, but it's calming down now... That might be a really good option for me :)
Thanks!
Post a Comment