It is now 6:07 am on the same morning of my previous post, but I am drawn to write again...
As I sit here in the presence of the Lord in the quietness of this morning, I am humbled... even broken a little.
I have such a hard time believing in myself, living a life free of shame and guilt. I have known a special and unique call of God on my life since I was a little girl and have spent many days waiting... But on mornings like this I can't help but wonder whether or not He is waiting for me. He has given me His Word and His Spirit and the promise to be with me and to deliver me. He told me not be afraid of their faces but to go where He tells me to go and say what He tells me to say (Jeremiah 1). So what is stopping me?
I am married, and more so, a pastor's wife. That, unfortunately, stops me. There are unwritten rules about this position in life that no one, especially not my husband, is forcing on me; but even still they stop me.
I am pregnant, and very glad to be so. So my role is in the home with my husband and raising my child(ren), right? This, too, tends to stop me.
I have had poor physical health. This is a big one that has stopped me too many times. I feel too weak to be a faithful wife and keeper of our home, a young mother, a helper in our finances, and still pour myself in ministry to the Lord and others...
Some days I do not feel like the new creation in Christ I know that I am. I do not feel like a strong woman of God, walking in the fullness of God's love, power, and wisdom. Instead I remember the things people have said about me whether true or not true and I wonder... Are they true? Then I feel shame. The enemy is very good at playing on my shame. I remember the times I have failed and feel inadequate, unworthy. The reality is that I get tired and begin to turn my focus in on self rather than consistently walking the walk of faith, centered on God and walking in the glorious light of His redemption.
When I am focused on self, I am the hurt, lost child again, feeling alone and confused about who I am. When I am focused on God, I am confident in His Spirit at work in my life and alert to His leadings and gentle voice.
I am so unworthy of His love; yet He loves me. I have such a hard time believing in myself and walking in strength... Yet he believes in me and "has prayed for me that my faith might remain strong".
Father, you have never called the perfect ones, but the broken. You delight in the one who is humble and contrite in spirit and who trembles at Your Word. You entrust your righteousness to the one who walks by faith and not by sight. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Help me to walk in spirit and in truth. Give me wisdom and revelation in Your Word. Strengthen me to step out onto the waves, fixing my eyes on You...
4 comments:
Oh Natasha,
It breaks my heart to hear you struggle like this, even though I know it's normal and I do the same thing- I guess I want better for you as my friend.
It will be fine- you can do it. God can do it. Don't worry.
"Some days I do not feel like the new creation in Christ I know that I am. I do not feel like a strong woman of God, walking in the fullness of God's love, power, and wisdom. Instead I remember the things people have said about me whether true or not true and I wonder... Are they true? Then I feel shame. The enemy is very good at playing on my shame. I remember the times I have failed and feel inadequate, unworthy. The reality is that I get tired and begin to turn my focus in on self rather than consistently walking the walk of faith, centered on God and walking in the glorious light of His redemption.
When I am focused on self, I am the hurt, lost child again, feeling alone and confused about who I am. When I am focused on God, I am confident in His Spirit at work in my life and alert to His leadings and gentle voice."
It has been a while since I have read your journal. I don't have much time these days to blog, but I know it was Provincial that today I read your latest post. THese words echoed with my heart today and encouraged me.
Love you and praying with you!
(I saw on Facebook Lynn said your baby kicked!!!! YAY! I don't really remember the first time I felt her kick, but I remember when Morgan first did, and it was such an incredible experience! Life is beautiful.)
Thank you, friends, for your encouragement.
God is very good and I am getting better at learning how to recognize these snares and put on a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness!
Praise His Name for He loves me still!!!
Natasha
How did your ultrasound go??wink wink. Are you going to tell????
Post a Comment