4.20.2010

A "Mary" Day

What is it about gloomy days? It's one thing to have a gloomy day that's busy. It's an entirely different matter when the day is gloomy and empty on the calendar. Lynn is in and out with Festival and in the city for Camerata tonight, and here I am, home, once again. What am I to do with myself? The house is a mess and could use a cleaning from top to bottom, but that's always true... That's not necessarily going to fill my day with purpose and enthusiasm. I could play with my girls all day, but right now that makes my head feel like it's going to explode :) (Though of course I will be doing that anyway.) I could tackle some big project around the house or file...

I think today is for listening. I'm just going to settle my wrestlessness beneath the mighty hand of God, forget about housewaork, and sit at His feet. I am much more comfortable in "Mary" mode than in "Martha" mode anyway.

Today is a day for one of my favorite songs, The More I Seek You:

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe
Feel your heartbeat
Your love is so deep
It's more than I can stand
I melt in your peace
It overwhelms me

Okay Father, I am pressing in to You today. Speak to me and give me peace. Build my confidence in your unfailing love.

No comments: