6.26.2008

My Dream.

In conversation with some friends of ours, I found myself once again sharing my heart and desire for ministry in the Maritimes. I am burdened for the Church in Canada and feel an acute sense of calling to it. I am aware of the gap that continues to expand between our church "culture" and the one around us. I am not one who tends to focus too much on the enemy, as that seems to give him just a little too much delight, but I see him moving strategically around the church in Canada with obvious plans to steal its joy and unity, squelch its light, and ultimately destroy it. The Church, in general, however, seems completely ignorant of the changes happening around us, the reality of our pagan culture, the need for compassion/mercy ministries and aboriginal evangelism, and the path we are inevitably taking as perhaps Muslims become the religious group majority and Christian values continue to wane and dissapate.

I am not at all crying a "woe is us" message!! I am not dissuaded at all becuase I have every confidence in the church and ultimately in our God!! This is where my heart is at present: I desire to see the church no longer rely on others in the world to shine the light of Christ, on others from the States for example to walk in the freedom of the Spirit and the expression of their gifts, supplying others with sound teaching, healing ministries, etc. Why do we rely on others when God is HERE, ready to bless us in the gifts He has seen fit to distribute HERE? I believe we need to have our eyes opened and spirits attuned to His voice to see how we can be a shining light to our community and rise up as the church of God, walking in the Spirit and all sorts of spiritual gifts...

My dream is to produce study materials as a Maritimer, speaking to the Maritimers, having a headquarters that publishes books, etc. So that we can speak the Word of God into our own culture and perhaps expand from there. Please understand also that this is not a "get big and succesful" vision, but a lets walk in the anointing that God has placed on our church and stop being oppressed, believing lies like "God doesn't move that way here". I am so convinced of this because I see it on faces and hear it in testimonies all over the place. So many are seeing the same move of God in the Spirit when they pray and consider His stirring in their own heart.

There is so much more to say about this, but I must tend to my house. :) I have much more to say about the international church in regard to missions and evangelism, youth ministries and empowring young people to make the difference in the world that we say they can...

(Oh my gosh, I just realized I wrote "young people"!!!!! I am officially old!!! I meant teenagers...)

No comments: