3.29.2010

"Yummy"

A snippet of my morning...

Sometime after breakfast, Roya goes in time out chair.
Refuses to stay in time out chair.
A two minute punishment lasts about an hour because she will not stay on the chair.
(Nursing, bathing, and dressing Alea while keeping tabs on the toddler.)
Then she claims she has to pee.
I take her to the potty (knowing it's a lie) and of course she has no pee.
She sits on the potty for a while, then receives a consequence for lying to Mama.
We go to the Bible and look up Psalm 34:13, saying it together.
Snack time.
Both girls are settled and enjoying a snack...
I sit down, ready to eat and drink myself.
"I peed." Roya says.
A pool collects underneath her high chair.
I get Alea to sleep.
Time for a bath.
Strip Roya in bathroom.
Clean up pee.
Try and get ready in the bathroom while Roya plays in tub and Alea sleeps.
Roya drinks the bath water.
Which means I remove her toys.
I am desperate to get my wet hair brushed and up... (I had showered around 6:30am)
Then I hear it... "Mmmm. Yummy."
I spin around and gawk at my barely two year old daughter.
"Did you drink the water?" I ask
SLURP.
"Mmmm. Yummy."

And there you have it.

1 comment:

Weavers said...

LOL!!! I didnt know you were blogging again...but I have to laugh at some of what your going through!!

Im sure I will be just exactly where you are soon enough with my own kids, but Im thanking God that Im not there yet!! :)