3.17.2007

In the Shelter.

Father, I believe I have discerned what keeps coming against me as an oppression.

Is there a spirit of abuse? It's that same spirit that set itself to destroy me in my relationships as a child, as a teen, then as a young adult; it also led to my debilitating fear of man.

But, Father, in the name of Jesus, the enemy is already defeated. I am sheltered in the refuge of the Most High God and I abide under the shadow of His wings. I will say of my God, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in Him I will trust. (Psalm 91:2)

Father, the enemy seeks to steal kill and destroy. My victory, however, is in my surrender and my faith. I surrender to you and walk into the light where the enemy has no place. I walk again onto the path of surrender and trust, obedience and servant-hood.

You have prepared a place for me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup is overflowing. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!
(Psalm 23)

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope."
(Jeremiah 29:11)