3.16.2007

Rebuking the afflictions.

Father, you have prepared me. Yet, I feel unprepared. My thoughts tug at me from different directions.

If I am called then I am proud. NOT TRUE! I stand in grace and grace alone! Yet, I still must be obedient and step out!

My pride will cause me to fail. NOT TRUE! Lord, you are bigger than my pride! I believe and walk that You might be glorified and that others might come to know you!

I will fail, and thus have no real significance or importance. NOT TRUE! My value is not found in what I do nor is my importance based on what others think. I am valuable because I am bought with a price! the highest price of all! I am bought by the precious and innocent blood of Jesus, the Son of God. My value cannot be added to or taken from. It just is. But also, I will not fail because He will not fail me.

I am not strong enough. NOT TRUE! Father, you did not say that I am weak; you said that I am strong. You have given me strength and blessed me with a determined spirit. ALL THINGS are possible through Christ who strengthens me!

You will not honor me. NOT TRUE! Father, how dare I insult Your character in such a way as to think that you will not be faithful, will not uphold your remnant, will not strengthen the righteous. You are faithful and you honor me because of the blood.

The body will not be there. NOT TRUE! Father I am afraid that when I step out, those hidden behind the rocks will not come forth in support. As you spoke to Elijah, make known to me, Oh God that I am not, nor will I ever be alone. What you are doing in me, you are doing in many. When the day comes, Your body will be ready to minister as One - each fulfilling his necessary role.

Father, I believe. Help me in my unbelief!!!