7.24.2007

Strength.

This morning I awakened with aches and pains all over :)

We had a fun day in the city yesterday, "getting out of dodge," we call it. We shopped a little for some house needs, walked along the water front (so beautiful!), had super at Perks coffee shop, which for some reason has become a tradition when we're on the water front, and then visited with Ryan and Sarah. We had a wonderful day, though I was heavily distracted but how uncomfortably tight my pants felt around my belly!!! A lot of my clothes are pretty small so it won't take long before I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe! :)

I have to admit that for years I've been nervous about how my body and health would handle pregnancy. At BBC, often times just carrying my books up and down the hill brought on such severe pain that my arms were almost useless for several hours. Inside I cried out to God about how I could ever be strong and healthy enough to mother a child let alone function in normal life...

Thank the Lord I am much stronger than that now, but it takes work and discipline to get there. The Lord spoke to me years ago that I would be healed; but He didn't tell me quite so plainly how much time and work it was going to take to get there!

My Mom believes and is praying that as I grace over the third month mark I will be walking in health in wellness. She believes this pregnancy is going to realign whatever is out of order in my body and I'll be smooth sailing.

Whether or not that happens, I know that I am perfectly strong enough and equipped by the power of the Holy Spirit for everything I'm going to need to walk through this pregnancy and then mother a child. It is only fear that would suggest otherwise. Though I often see myself as very weak, I know that I am a very determined woman, a little too stubborn inwardly at times, and that my God will supply my needs.

Father, I thank you in advance for all that you are going to do in my life during this pregnancy and early motherhood to shape me and mold me into the woman of strength and wisdom you've called me to be. May You be my strength each day, and out of love may I offer You my heart, my soul, my mind, and all my strength.

I bless my child with this same life, eternal life, the life of your Holy Spirit, and speak your life-giving Word into his/her little soul. Thank you that he/she is in Your hands for You are the Good Shepherd. Lynn and I commit him/her to You and bow down before You as Lord and King over our lives and family. May Your kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

In the mighty name of Jesus who is able to do abundantly more than we could ever think or imagine... Amen

5 comments:

Owen said...

God is strong enough to heal you.

God is strong enough to sustain you through a pregnancy and motherhood without healing you.

You are strong enough to trust God and walk with Him regardless of the path (or a third I can't think of now).

I don't worry about you at all.

Erskine said...

Thanks, Lindy! I love when you comment on my blog :) It feels like you're gracing me with your presence for a moment from miles and miles away :)

(Natasha)

Sarah Beth said...

It was so nice to see you last night! Thank you for always making the effort to see us. It means a lot!

Angela said...

I will be praying with you!

His Beloved said...

My dear friend, I am so overwhelmed with excitment and joy for you both! The past couple of months I have hardly clicked onto any blog's at all, but I am SOO glad the Lord lead me to yours today, and so out of the blue! You are going to be SUCH an amazing and Spirit filled mother to this precious child. I have faith He will give you strength and take care of you physically. He is indeed our Jehovah-Rophe. You and Lynn have so much love and joy to give. This child is going to be truly blessed. I only wish I was sitting down to a cup of tea to hear all about this first hand. Maybe we could find a weekend sometime between now and baby when you aren't too busy (haha) when I might come down and visit...I love you and miss you sooo much! :)