I tend to be very "goal oriented". I feel the best when I am able to cross something off on a "To Do" list.
The problem I am now facing is that my house is still in disarray, I have countless To Do lists all over the place, and I am in major "nest" mode; however, I can't lift any heavy things, I can't be outside in the sun too long, I can't paint (as a preggo), I don't have the car during the day, and I have to discipline myself to "keep my feet up" as much as possible throughout the day (though we don't have furniture yet, so my options even for sitting are limited).
Give me a break! How am I going to accomplish anything in the run of a day and get us settled into our new house!?
All of these factors are contributing to my head being in a whirlwind, and my insides feeling restless and unable to accomplish anything.
Resolutions for the day:
1. Today, I'm going to take the opportunity to enjoy "being" instead of doing.
2. Today, I am going to choose two tasks that I am able to accomplish easily and without pressure.
3. Today I am going to start a good novel that will help motivate me to sit and put my feet up.
4. Today, I am going to trust in the gift of hospitality that is about people rather than having a perfectly put together house.
5. And finally, today, I am going to leave Lynn a long list of all the things I want done but can't do myself and the due dates by which they need to be accomplished :). (Okay, I'm just kidding on this one... maybe...)
Thank you, Lord, that You come and meet me in the midst of the storm and call me unto peaceful trust in You. Thank you that you don't put expectations on me, but treasure the times and seasons in which we are able to just "be". Thank you that somehow I am enough for you and for my husband without having to do a certain number of things in the run of a day. Thank you, Father, that my house can be a home for our family and a sanctuary of worship whether or not it is perfectly put together to my liking :).
3 comments:
I think the list for Lynn is actually a good idea. It might help him know how to help you.
As for the novel- I recomend Harry Potter ;)
If you want something a little less controversial about about Emma by Jane Austin. I read it about 6 months ago and loved it.
This made me chuckle, Tasha, b/c I am the EXACT same way and have worked through the same feelings and thoughts in the same exact way.
For me, i thought it would change, but it never...after pregnancy came a child that caused my "to do" list to grow even longer and my time to grow even shorter. Somehow, we adjust, but it's not easy for us 'goal oriented' people.
Alas someday I'll wish I had these days again so I try to day by day soak it in and not stress about the 'list'. Since Danielle has been born (after we were adjusted), I made a goal to get ONE thing accomplished every day. But if that didn't happen, it was ok, because ultimately I took care of a little life ALL day long! My list never disappears, and some days it is discouraging, but I try to think like you're trying to think.
I remember when I was pregnant, especially in the first and last trimesters, it was so frustrating b/c I would weary so easily and would get so tired. And I felt like I could get nothing accomplished! The Lord blessed me with a dear friend who came over and helped me with some things the month before Dani was born...I might have gone even more psycho if she hadn't come! :-)
Husbands are angels during this time of life! I know Lynn will be just as wonderful as Morgan was!
I know how you are feeling! I feel the same way. We move into our house on Tuesday, and Baby Boy is due just 2 weeks after that. So right now it seems like there is so much to get done before the baby comes. And we only will have 2 weeks and thats if he doesn't decide to come early! So I have been trying to get my brain to change its way of thinking and realize that I am going to have to go slow and let people help me.
Just take your time and accomplish little things at a time, one box at a time. Even crossing little things off the to-do list is satisfying! And take lots of time with your feet up!!! I saw pictures of your house on Lynn's facebook, and it looks awesome! Be sure to post some more picturesonce you get all settled in! And just think, now you have a very exciting room to get ready...A nursery!!!
Post a Comment