6.06.2007

Summer fun.

We currently have no available funds for hobbies; though I am trusting this to change in the "near" future...

...but these are my much desired hobbies:

1. Gardening - This does take some money, but is also a little more necessary than most hobbies. However, I am currently loving it. I can't see myself going hardcore or anything; but I love the therapy involved in working with the natural dirt and life of the earth.

2. Piano - This is not so much a hobby... but lately, a freedom (playing mostly by ear) has recently opened up for me on the piano. We have been praying for a piano for years now, but I am especially anxious for one now that I have been able to write more music and be more free to play. I need work, but hope to work up the skill and confidence to be able to play for myself when worship leading on retreats like this weekend...

3. Pottery - I had the opportunity to try working on the wheel in Presque Isle, ME, and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I go into "Thrown Together Pottery" here in town regularly, just waiting for the funds to take lessons. It's quite reasonible and I am very confident that there will come a day...

4. Horse Back Riding - This has been a craving of mine for almost a year now. On the farm on PEI, my aunt Fay owned a horse, and horses were a part of our daily lives. My cousins all took riding lessons, and I casually rode, but not regularly. For some reason, I get such a craving to be around horses again I can hardly stand it. Most of the girls in our youth group here ride and there are many places available for lessons and such...

So far, the warm weather this summer (as limited as it may be!) has charged me with an abundance of energy! I LOVE being outdoors, going hiking/walking, being in the garden, etc... I am so blessed and thankful to the Lord that I am healthy enough to enjoy life outside. I am still progressing and hope to continue to do so for the rest of my young life :).

1 comment:

Erskine said...

Don't forget about our favorite hobby, kissing.