I am so thankful for a friend of mine, with whom I shared my heart in the struggles surrounding our family right now. Through much prayer earlier this morning, and pouring my honest feelings before the Lord, and then that uplifting conversation with a sister in Christ, I am again renewed in my strength of faith, empowered by His Spirit.
Sometimes it's easy to confuse God, spirituality, and life circumstances. It's easy to get caught up in the why's and the why not's. I found myself in that position. The house that we thought was a blessing from the Lord turned out to be a disastrous situation that looms still overhead. There are lawsuits and other financial nightmares looming all around us and we are standing here saying, "God, what is this? What now?"
Lynn found great strength in the Sriptures about Daniel in the lion's den. When a man is innocent and integrous, remaining faithful to God no matter the consequences, sometimes God sees fit to silence the roaring lions and protect His children. Somtimes, like the three faithful, He stands with them in the fire, not allowing them to be burned. My test has come in to play for those situtions when God chooses not to intervene. What about the martyrs who did burn in the fires? What about the Christians who are not healed or kept from the lions? There are many beilevers in the body right now struggling with these very issues. There are many who are experiences heart aches and disappointments. How do we deal with these?
What has changed my heart today is God bringing tears to my eyes at the revelation of His grieving heart to my own grieving heart. I broke at the realization that I had been angry with Him for things that He Himself is broken over. The amount of times throughout the history of God's people that we have done that very thing is innumerable. God grieves for us, He grieved over Jerusalem though they would not receive Him, and then we blame Him in the end for bad things that happen. Forgive me, Lord, for my selfishness and childish anger.
It is very easy in times of distress to lose sight of the simplicity of the gospel. My Father loves me and is with me to the end because Jesus came and gave His life in order that we might have life and life to the fullest. My destiny is with Him; my eterna home is with Him. The rest is history, really, though we don't always like letting it go.
Father, I thank you for your love. I thank you for your grace. I thank you that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that you bestow favor on your children. Please bestow favor on Lynn and I in the situation. Please work out your will here on earth as it is in heven among your children today. May we be humble servants who stand in integrity that we might glorify your name.
Be glorified, Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment