5.23.2007

The good and the bad.

The Bad.

The past week has been... trying.

My health has been very bad.
I have not dealt with it well.

(The physical symptoms my body undergoes seem to be connected to emotional trauma from my past and every time I am sore, it is almost like reliving some emotional trauma... This drastically effects my relationships, and I begin to feel lost, helpless, and withdrawn.)

Also, we had quite an unexpected blow for us as a family that results in an Erskines-on-their-knees-before-the-Lord time.

The Good.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)

Every morning as I am getting ready for the day, I go to Gail's "Daily Bread" cards which I placed above the sink in the kitchen. God speaks to me powerfully through these verses throughout the day! He strengthens me in His Word when I am weak and my spirit grows stronger and stronger in Him. He draws me into His presence where I am safe and understood. He sends forth His word and He heals me (Psalm 107). Praise God!

I shared the situation with my health with a dear friend who has been a God-appointed sister since we moved here to Truro. She pressed a little deeper and easily understood where I was coming from. She blessed me and encouraged me as we shared related struggles and testimonies toward wholeness in our Savior. Praise God!

My husband does not always understand what I am going through during these seasons of trial and testing. Often times, it can put strain on our marriage as I struggle with my emotions, unsure of how to deal with them appropriately. This time has been beautiful and tender. I drew into His arms instead of away, and He showed compassion and tenderness instead of frustration and confusion (though he is most always compassionate and tender). Praise God!

Also, I have been sinfully worried about the transition between house sitting and moving into our own home (end of June). Long story short... we had only committed to stay here through the spring, which we will be doing, but they need someone to take care of this home until late August (which means paying the bills). I do not know if it is my place to mention this publicly, therefore I will be vague. There is a new couple to town who are looking for a place to stay while they do ministry during the months of July and August and are wondering if this might be the place! The timing is so perfect I read the e-mail and burst into laughter. Whether or not this works out, it is a reminder to me of how God's timing is perfect and He does see the road ahead. He knows how all of this will work out and He has never left us nor forsaken us! Praise God!

The sun came out today! Praise God!

The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. (Psalm 145:18)